How many people can you accommodate for hair and makeup services?
- We can accommodate up to 8 guests for both hair and makeup services. Alex will bring another stylist at no extra charge. There is 3 guest minimum for both services
How far in advance should I book my wedding date?
- It is best to book 6 months to 1 year in advance. Saturday's fill up first.
How far do you travel?
- We are located in Goshen NY (Orange County) and only travel locally (about 30 minutes away) We don't go to NYC or westchester or other states
What kind of payments do you accept?
- 2 weeks prior to your wedding the total must be paid by the bride by check. On the day of your trial we except, cash or check. Venmo with a 2% fee. no credit cards.
How long does it take for hair and makeup services?
- When booking us for both services it depends on the size of your party. 3-8 guests all receiving hair and makeup would be about 3-4 hours and 2 stylists. When booking just one service the time is less. For example: If we arrange our time from 10am-2pm we will arrive about 10 minutes early to set up, in which all of your guests should already be there and ready to go. Your finishing time should be early enough to give you and your guests enough time to get dressed and any traveling.
What if I need only hair or only makeup services?
-We are available to book for just one service. We require a $500 minimum to travel. You can also book in our home studio for just the bride.
Do you have makeup to match my skin and different skin tones?
- Yes, we have a variety of different foundations for any skin tone. All of our mascaras are waterproof and humidity proof. We provide makeup and false strip eyelashes. It is not necessary that you purchase or bring any makeup, except for lipstick to reapply during the day.
What kind of makeup do you use and will it last all day?
- We use only professional brands. Mostly MAC cosmetics, some Urban Decay, LORAC, Bare Minerals, Benefit, and Anastasia. As a professional artist we take the right steps to ensure your makeup will stay flawless all day. Aside from lipstick that normally needs to be touched up after eating.
Do you stay for touch ups after the ceremony?
- When we are finished that morning, we make sure everyone is perfect before leaving. We don't stay on site or offer touch up services. (I honestly find it unnecessary. Everything will last for hours!)
Do you have airbrush makeup?
- We currently do not offer airbrush services
What kind of eyelashes do you use?
- Full strip eyelashes (they only stay on for one day) this is not eyelash extensions or individual lashes. We do not apply individual lashes.
If I have clip in extensions can you put them in for me?
- Yes, there is an additional $20 charge for application. You must bring your own.
Should I wash my hair that morning?
- We recommend washing the night before if there isn't enough time to wash it that morning. You know your own hair and how it styles best. All guests must have their hair completely dry and ready to be styled. Avoid flat ironing your hair before getting it curled. The curl will not hold. Remember to wear a button up or easy shirt to remove.
What if I have naturally curly hair?
- You should have your hair blown out the night prior if you would like a curling iron curl. Otherwise we will create your style using your natural curl. (We will not have time to blow out your hair straight and then style it that morning. if someone requests this there is an additional charge and we need to know in advance to arrange our time accordingly.)
Does the bride get her services last or first?
- The bride is done in the middle. All guests must arrive at the start time, to ensure we are done accordingly. We will begin with 2 guests and continue to grab as we go. No schedule is needed.
How will the veil be placed without messing up my hair?
- We will show your maid of honor or guest of choice, how to put the veil in so they are able to remove it later without messing up your hair.
How long are the trials and can you travel to me?
- The trials are 1-2 hours. They are done at our studio during the week, by appointment only. We do not travel on location for trials. If you request more time for your trial it's an additional $50 each half hour. Please arrive 5 minutes early to your appointment. Plan accordingly for traffic. i book appointments all day and will not be able to accommodate very late arrivals.
What should I expect during the trial?
- We will try 1 or 2 different hair looks and a makeup look. Together we will discuss the look you are going for to create the perfect style for you. We will take pictures of everything so you can refer back to them. Bring photos of looks you like and any hair pieces. We also have combs and hair pieces for you to get some ideas. Try to find photos that are the same hair color as yours. it also helps to wear a white shirt.
When do I schedule my trial?
- It is your preference how early you would like to schedule a trial. I recommend about 3-6 months prior to your wedding date. During wedding season we are not available on weekends.
I live out of state and don't have time for a trial, do I need one?
- A trial is recommended, but not necessary. You can send photos by email and we can discuss everything prior to your event.
Will my hair and makeup look exactly like the picture I want?
- We will do our best to create the exact look you are going for. Your hair type, length and texture will reflect the finished style.
Is gratuity included?
- Gratuity is not included, but greatly appreciated.
Why choose AG Beauty Services?
- We understand how important this day is and we are here to assist you in every way. Our goal is to make your day as stress free as possible. Alex is always available to answer any questions you may have. She is constantly checking her emails and will respond right away. For your convenience we bring the luxury of a salon right to the location of your choice. There is nothing more relaxing then having your hair and makeup done for you and your guests in the comfort of your own home or hotel room. When choosing your stylists, you want to make sure you have only the best professionals on your wedding day so you feel beautiful and love your photos!
If there is any other questions you have feel free to contact us.